Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chapter Two: Dana Prescott

“How does this look on me, Dana?”
Dana Prescott looked at her friend, Stacy. “Great, but… I thought you weren’t going to buy anything,” Dana slyly grinned.
“Well,” Stacy sheepishly answered. “I’m just looking.”
“Come on,” Dana laughed. “You said you would help me look for jeans.”
“Oh, yes, right!” Stacy skipped out of the store to a directory. “Let’s go to Anthropology,” Stacy called to Dana.
“Alright.” Dana walked out. Walking through the outdoor mall, Dana tried to keep her mind on what Stacy was saying, but her mind kept wandering. Passing by an art store, she saw a beautiful painting of a castle atop a green hill with a rainbow in the distance.
“Oh, how I would love to live in a castle like that,” she whispered.
“What?” Stacy asked.
Startled out of her thoughts, Dana looked at her blankly.” Hm? Oh, nothing, Stace, um, you were saying something about a tadpole?”
Now it was Stacy’s turn to look blank. “I was talking about the new iPhone,” she said. “You haven’t heard a word I said, huh?”
“Oh, yeah, sure,” Dana replied.
Stacy rolled her eyes and went on talking. Dana sighed.
“Maybe this vacation will be like an adventure,” she thought. “I hope so.”
Oh, it would be an adventure. One she would never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment