Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chapter Three: Trey O'Dell

“Josh, stop banging on my door,” Trey O’Dell yelled to his little brother.
“But, Trey, I want to come in!” Josh yelled back.
“Fine,” Trey sighed he pushed his amplifier away from the door. His 9-year old brother strolled in.
“Watcha doin’?” he asked.
“Packing,” Trey replied while playing his guitar.
“No, you’re not!” Josh said in an accusing tone.
“Please get out,” Trey mindlessly said.
“Where are you going?” Josh persisted, sitting on Trey’s bed.
“Vacation, now please get out!” Trey replied, still playing his guitar. He was practicing the band’s newest song. “Once Rain, Candy, Dana and I get this down, we can perform it,” he thought. “And if we’re good enough, maybe we can make an album. And go on tours! And…”
“Trey!”
He looked up. Josh was staring at him.
“I just asked you something three times!” Josh complained.
“Get out, please!” Trey said, trying not to yell.
“Is Esther going?” Josh continued. Trey sighed. That boy is not going to give up, is he?
“Yes,” Trey answered slowly. He knew what his little brother would say next.
“Can I go?”
“No.”
“Why?”
“You weren’t invited; now please get out of my room, Josh!”
“Fine!” Josh ran out and slammed the door.
Breathing a sigh of relief, Trey set down his guitar and finished packing. His phone vibrated. Checking it, he found a new text message. It was from Rainbow:
“I hav this weird feelng that sumthng amazng is gona happn on this trip, don’t u?”
“Woh, me 2”, he answered. Maybe something amazing was going to happen on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment