Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chapter One: Rainbow Covington

Rainbow Covington looked at her clock. Forty-five more minutes.
“It feels like forever until they’ll get here.” She had been planning this vacation for months.
“Rainy,” her mom called. “Did you finish packing?”
“Yeah, Mom!” she answered. She went back to the book she had been reading. It was full of knights, dragons, unicorns, and battles. How Rainbow longed for an adventure like that. Oh, well. She would have to satisfy herself with other things. The phone rang.
“Hello?”
“Hey, Rainy!” It was one of her three best friends, Candace.
“Hey, Candy, you almost ready to go?”
“Yep, I can’t wait!” Candy replied. “I’ve never been to Yosemite before!”
Rainbow smiled. She knew her friends would love this trip. Candy went on.
“Should I pack my swimsuit?”
“O, yes, I forgot to tell you, we’ll probably go swimming in Mirror Lake,” Rainbow replied.
“Okay, then, I’ll see you soon!” Candace said.
“Kay, bye!” Rainbow hung up the phone. “I wonder what Dana is doing? I bet she would like an amazing adventure, too.” She lay on her loft bed, staring up at the ceiling, dreaming of an adventure. She never imagined one lay in wait for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment